Harpy Eagle vs Golden Eagle Who would Win?
We have a thrilling three-round aerial duel between two of the world's most majestic birds of prey: the Harpy Eagle and the Golden Eagle. Get ready for a battle of strength, agility, and fierce determination!
Contender 1: Harpy Eagle
The Harpy Eagle, also known as the American Harpy Eagle, is a large bird of prey found in the tropical rainforests of Central and South America. It is one of the largest and most powerful eagles in the world, with a wingspan of up to 7 feet and weighing up to 20 pounds. The Harpy Eagle has a distinctive appearance, with a gray head, black and white feathers, and a powerful hooked beak.
Fun Fact: The Harpy Eagle is named after the harpies of Greek mythology, which were half-bird, half-human creatures known for their speed and strength.
Contender 2: Golden Eagle
The Golden Eagle, sometimes referred to as the Brown Eagle, is a large bird of prey found in North America, Europe, and Asia. It has a wingspan of up to 7 feet and can weigh up to 15 pounds. Its feathers are dark brown with golden highlights on the back of its head and neck. The Golden Eagle has sharp talons and a powerful beak, which it uses to hunt small mammals and birds.
Fun Fact: Golden Eagles are known for their incredible eyesight, which is eight times stronger than that of humans, allowing them to spot prey from great distances.
|Harpy Eagle||Golden Eagle|
|Size||Up to 3.5 feet (106.7 cm) tall||Up to 3 feet (91 cm) in height and up to 7 feet (213 cm) in wingspan. (Metric: Up to 91 cm in height and up to 213 cm in wingspan.)|
|Weight||Up to 20 pounds (9.1 kg)||Up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg). (Metric: Up to 6.8 kg.)|
|Speed||Speed: 50 mph (80 km/hr)||Speed: 150 mph (241 km/hr)|
|Key Strength||Powerful hooked beak||Powerful talons and beak|
|Biggest Weakness||None||Vulnerable to larger predators|
Harpy Eagle vs Golden Eagle
See Who Wins
View More Matches
|Harpy Eagle||Golden Eagle|
|Scientific Name||Harpia harpyja||Aquila chrysaetos|
|Habitat||Tropical rainforests||Mountains, cliffs, and open landscapes|
|Geography||Central and South America||North America, Europe, and Asia|
|Diet||Monkeys, sloths, and other small mammals||Small mammals and birds|
|Lifespan||25 years - 35 years||20 years - 30 years|
Key Differences between Harpy Eagle and Golden Eagle
- Head shape: The Harpy Eagle has a distinctive crest of feathers on its head, while the Golden Eagle has a more rounded head with no crest.
- Coloration: The Harpy Eagle has a predominantly gray body with black wings and a white belly, while the Golden Eagle has a brown body with darker brown wings and a golden nape.
- Size: The Harpy Eagle is larger than the Golden Eagle, with a wingspan of up to 7 feet compared to the Golden Eagle's wingspan of up to 6.5 feet.
- Habitat: The Harpy Eagle is found in tropical rainforests of Central and South America, while the Golden Eagle is found in open and mountainous regions of North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Facial features: The Harpy Eagle has a large, hooked beak and piercing yellow eyes, while the Golden Eagle has a smaller, more curved beak and brown eyes.